At GSA we believe all our students have the right to make well informed decisions about their future. As part of our Careers Programme we ensure that all students have access to a Careers Advisor at all times who can support them to make the right choices throughout their school life and or the future. Support is also extended to parents and guardians so that they are fully involved in the guidance process.
Students can get support with:
- Personal advice and guidance.
- Information to support with placements and Work Experience.
- Support with CVs, mock interviews and preparing for the world of work.
- Support with Labour Market information and information related to certain industries.
- Encounters with Employers, Local training providers, Apprenticeship Providers and FE and HE institutions.
- Links with local businesses.
- Advice on subject choice and grade requirements.
- Support for Parents about their child’s options and future concerns.
- For more information, download the Provider Access Policy Statement in policies page.
As Part of our Careers Programme we ensure:
- All students have access to personalised Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) from Years 7-13.
- A comprehensive Personal Social Health Education (PSHE) programme for student's based on our CEIAG Spiral.
- Careers advice is available at Parents Evenings or through one to one appointments.
- Bespoke software is available with access to labour market information for parents and student access both within school and at home.
- Work Experience/ Placements for all in Year 10 and Post 16.
- Small group support for SEND/ LDD and vulnerable students in accessing appropriate career pathways.
The careers programme will be reviewed in June 2021