The LGB (Local Governing Body) is made up of 10 governors, plus the Principal. The LGB is not responsible for the day to day management of the Academy, but it is responsible for:
- To challenge and support the Principal.
- To oversee the academy’s long-term vision, strategic aims, values and ethos.
- To carry out statutory responsibilities, such as safeguarding.
- To agree and monitor plans and policies.
- To make creative use of available resources.
- To monitor and evaluate performance.
- To be involved in the appointment of the Principal.
- To ensure proper financial management of the academy.
- To communicate openly with parents, staff and the local community.
A governing body at a school helps steer a school, establish its vision and ethos and challenge the staff to deliver the goals that are set. This body is part of a team committed to improving the lives and future prospects of young people. The LGB operates with the following committees: Strategic Progress Board and Finance and General Purposes committee.
The composition of OAT local governing bodies will always include:
- At least one co-opted community governor
- At least one and no more than two parent governors
- At least one and no more than two staff governors
- One OAT nominee
- The principal
If you are interested in becoming a Governor, please complete and return the application form linked below.
Please find further information on becoming a Governor on the Ormiston Trust Website.
If you would like to make a complaint in regards to the Academy, please send an email to [email protected]. You can view our Complaints Policy here.