Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness)
BTEC National Extended Certificate (equivalent to one A Level)
The course covers a wide variety of topics that fall within Sport. The course will supply you with the skills and knowledge in order to continue on to further education/university to focus on a selected area or gain employment within the industry. You will be required to complete a wide variety of tasks that will ensure that you are equipped with an array of life skills. You can also opt to take Triple Sport which includes a greater vocational element meaning that after two years of study you have a qualification of 3 A Level equivalent and a further developed CV with plenty of work experience.
- BTEC Level 2 Pass
- English Grade C
Progression routes from this course
A BTEC Sport qualification can lead to a career related to the following sectors in Sport; Health and Fitness, Sports Management, Media and Marketing, Sports Science, Teaching and Coaching and many more.
- Unit 1: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Unit 2: The Physiology of Fitness
- Unit 3: Assessing Risk in Sport
- Unit 5: Sports Coaching
- Unit 6: Sports Development
- Unit 7: Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Unit 14: Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Unit 1: Externally assessed (exam)
- Remaining units include a variety of coursework tasks