Our Letters to Parents, Newsletters & Documents
The Salter Reporter is George Salter Academy’s very own newsletter. It is run by the students, who attend school events in their own time to investigate possible stories. The Students come up with their own articles, columns, puzzle pages, horoscopes and anything else they feel would add interest to the newsletter.
We also have a photography team who take and choose the pictures to include in the reporter, and have an editor whose job it is to put the whole thing together! We aim to produce a Salter Reporter once a term, reporting retrospectively on the previous term.
- Salter Reporter December 2015 [pdf, 9.0 MB]
- Salter Reporter July 2015 [pdf, 4.3 MB]
- Salter Reporter March 2015 [pdf 4.2 MB]
- Salter Reporter December 2014 [pdf, 1.4 MB]
- Salter Reporter September 2014 [pdf, 2.3 MB]
- Extreme Weather Closure Procedures [pdf, 144 KB]
- Notes from Year 6 into 7 Transition evening (school uniform purchase & vouchers) [pdf, 577 kb]
- Year 7 Settling-In Parents Evening [pdf, 468 KB]
- Routines & Expectations 2016-17 [pdf, 656 KB]
Regular emails with a letter attachment are sent to all parents/carers to keep them in touch with events and changes at the Academy. Copies of each letter will be sent to you via Parent Mail® or via email. Copies of these letters will also be posted here.
Please sign up for ParentMail® if you haven't already done so. Below are copies of letters that have been sent out to parents:
- 21/09/2016 - 08/03/2017 | Post 16 | Sixth Form Basketball [pdf, 113 KB]
- 27/09/2016 - 18/07/2017 | Year 10 | Construction Course [pdf, 170 KB]
- 07/10/2016 | All | Letter to Parents re Ofsted monitoring visit [pdf, 355 KB]
- 25/11/2016 | All | Changes to Admissions Policy letter [pdf, 349 KB]
- 27/02/2017 | All | Newsletter [pdf, 1.1 MB]
- 01/03/2017 | Year 12 | Crown Court [pdf, 169 KB]
- 02/03/2017 | Year 12 | Newman University [pdf, 169 KB]
- 08-12/03/2017 | Year 12 | Snowdonia [pdf, 393 KB]
- 31/03/2017 | Post 16 | Star City [pdf, 168 KB]