OAT - our Sponsor
Ormiston Academy Trust
"Ormiston Trust is proud to be the sponsor of George Salter Academy.
The Trust aims to create a network of inspirational and inclusive academies who share the same values. The network will provide transformational learning and the highest levels of achievement for students and the communities in which they live.
George Salter Academy is a valuable member of our network of inspiring schools and academies. I have always cared for providing the very best learning opportunities for young people. Everyone at George Salter Academy shares this passion and together we will ensure that it gives our children the best environment in which to learn and enjoy.
I know you will share my belief that George Salter Academy is an exceptional place to learn in, irrespective of your age or ability; we have much to offer."
Peter Murray, Chairman of Ormiston Trust
Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is the sponsor of George Salter Academy.
Ormiston Academies Trust is a not for profit sponsor of primary and secondary academies. Our vision is for all young people to have the highest academic, social and practical skills to allow them to lead a fulfilling life. We are determined to become the Trust that makes the biggest difference.
The Ormiston Trust was created in memory of Fiona Ormiston Murray, who loved children but was denied the chance to have her own when she was killed in a tragic car accident.
In her name, we work with local communities and with schools all over the country to give young people access to an excellent education.
Ormiston sponsored its first academy in 2006; the Gateway Academy in Thurrock. At the time it was one of the most challenging schools in the country and only 13 per cent of students achieved five A*–C grades including English and maths. After steadily rising results, the academy was rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in 2011.
OAT now has a family of academies across Engand. We believe that every school and community is unique, so we do not impose a 'one size fits all' approach to teaching and learning. Our academies are encouraged to respond to the needs of their students and their community. We support our academies to share good practice and are committed to giving their staff increased opportunities for professional development.
An Ormiston academy:
- Shares its talents and best ideas with others in the network
- Collaborates with a network of academies from across the UK
- Improves results with the help of a dedicated school improvement team
- Has access to expertise including marketing and PR, finance, ICT and HR at a low cost
- Develops its own unique personality
- Gets good value for money from its expert services
- Is not alone when Ofsted visits
- Works with a sponsor that invests in the future of education
For more information about OAT, please visit the Ormiston Academies Trust website.
Ormiston Academies Trust Finance Information
- OAT annual report and audited accounts [link to OAT website]
- Charity Trustees and Members [link to OAT website]
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of Ormiston Trust [pdf, 1MB]
- OAT Governance Charter including Scheme of Delegation [link to OAT website]
- OAT Funding agreement [link to OAT website]
Ormiston House, 144 Newhall Street
Birmingham B3 1RY
Unit 10, Chilgrove Business Centre
Chilgrove, Chichester PO18 9HU
Tel: 0121 236 5100