BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate
The qualification provides a coherent introduction to the study of creative digital media production at this level. Learners develop an understanding of the media industry through analysing media representations and pitching and producing media projects.
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate
Minimum of C in GCSE English and Maths. GCSE ICT desirable but not essential.
Progression routes from this course
This course will help students to develop skills and gain underpinning knowledge and understanding which will support entry into the creative media sector.
It will also develop candidates’ skills and competence in one or more specialist areas in order to meet industry requirements. This course is geared towards students who are looking to move from 6th form directly into employment or apprenticeships within the sector, but will also provide valuable UCAS points for entry into creative media courses at university.
This course is taught over 2 years and is equivalent in size to one
A Level. It consists of 4 units of study, 3 of which are mandatory and one of which has been chosen by the Academy:
- Unit 1 (mandatory) Media Representations
- Unit 4 (mandatory) Pre Production Portfolio
- Unit 8 (mandatory) Responding to a Commission
- Unit 14 (GSA choice) Digital Magazine Production
- Unit 4 and Unit 14 are internally assessed by centre staff and externally moderated by Pearson.
- Unit 1 is externally assessed by Pearson in a 2 hour online exam.
- Unit 8 is externally assessed by Person in a 5 hour project under exam conditions.